What can I do to help prevent disputes?
It’s possible that a user/Expert may dispute the results/payment from a session. Here are some suggestions for preventing and handling disputes.
Before Starting a Session or Freelance Job
- Always be as clear as possible with the expected rate you'll be charged, requirements and expectations before starting a session. If you’re unclear about any point, clarify them from the other party before work is started.
- Please note that BookMyWizard does not keep recordings of sessions, though you have the ability to record a video and save that on your own computer.
During a Session or Freelance Job
- Keep in mind software/application versions, incompatible environments, and other factors that may create differences in writing/testing/verifying results. If you believe there might be differences, discuss this before starting.
- During a dispute, supporting details, including screenshots, specific sections from chats, materials, code, links etc, may be requested. Therefore, it’s recommended that verbal agreements be added into chat to show both parties’ confirmation and satisfaction, and screenshots of work be taken to show successful results, as well as errors in work.
- Use the 'Pause' button to temporarily stop the charged time to discuss any points that may be unclear, or if you feel the expert’s help is not resolving your request. Many disputes are caused by the feeling that time not directly related to actively solving the request was charged. When pausing, make sure you ask the other person first, and make sure you un pause the session to continue the charges.
- Experts should kindly check if the client understands what has been covered, as well as ask if they have any questions multiple times throughout giving live help. Doing this helps prevent unexpected disputes from arising afterwards.
At the End or After a Session or Freelance Job
Though experts reminding users to rate and review once is acceptable, asking multiple times, especially asking to change a rating/review is unacceptable, as it almost always gives pressure, and can initiate a dispute when there probably wouldn't be the need for one.
If a Dispute Occurs
- Once a dispute has arisen, try to reach out to each other first. In most cases, speaking with each other can help defuse a dispute, which most often comes from a communication issue of not clearly identifying requirements and expectations before starting.
- Please note that supporting details, including screenshots, specific sections from chats, materials, code, links etc, may be requested. Please be prepared to provide these items if requested.
- Please remember that if you receive an email from the support team asking questions regarding a dispute, a reply with answers to each question is required within 7 days, or whatever period is stated to you, or the other party may automatically win the dispute.
How do I adjust a session's time or cost?
If you forgot to pause or hang up your session, please do one of the following:
- If it was an invalid session, ask the expert to refund the session.
Please make sure to confirm the session length with your expert beforehand. If you are unable to click the 'initiate a dispute' button, please contact email@example.com with the actual session length so we can adjust that for you.
How do I request a refund for a live session?
If your session was not satisfactory, please try the following:
- Right after the end of the session, click the 'initiate a dispute' button and let us know why you are requesting a refund. By doing so, our team will be automatically notified to follow-up and investigate.
- Kindly ask the expert to refund the session. twe will process this and you should receive the refund in a few business days (depending on your bank). A Deduction of 10% as user fee of the portal (Farooq sir has asked for this)
- If you are unable to click the 'initiate a dispute' button, please contact us. Be sure to let us know which sessionyou are referring to (which expert, duration, etc.), and provide us with more information about why you are requesting a refundso that we may investigate your case.
Refund Policy & Dispute Resolution
Disputes are reviewed and handled on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions about a Session, please email us before the payouts are confirmed to Experts .
After a dispute is initiated, if we do not receive a response from the Client or Expert after 7 calendar days, we reserve the right to do the following:
For Live 1:1 Sessions: Close the dispute
Please refer to the subsections below for more details about the specific policies for Live 1:1 Sessions (Suspended and Completed), and Direct Payments.
When a dispute is being reviewed, BookMyWizard reserves the right to use a third-party arbitration service to make a final decision about how the dispute should be handled.
2.1 Live 1:1 Sessions
(if the client is unsatisfied – we have given 15 min free in that time you can ask experts and be clear before starting a paid session, then also unsatisfied raise dispute against the session)
Refund Clients at any time before the Expert receives the payout for the session. We reserve the right to pause or delay the payout for a session if a dispute arises, or when a dispute may potentially arise.
If the Expert does not respond to our emails about the invoice question within 7 calendar days, the Expert will not receive the payout for the session. If the Expert has already received the payout for the session, the payout amount will be deducted from the Expert’s future payouts.
If the Client does not respond to our emails about the invoice question within 7 calendar days, the Client authorizes BookMyWizard to charge the Client for the full cost of the session, and the Expert will receive the payout for the session.